Rita Ora in ASOS Magazine September 2012 by Tyrone Lebon


The new September 2012 issue of ASOS Magazine featuring cover star, RITA ORA, the 21-year-old British singer-songwriter was shot exclusively by Tyrone Lebon. Rita has already amassed three number one singles, is opening for Coldplay throughout this summer, and was a guest judge spot on The X Factor UK. Her debut album that drops on August 27th took 2 ½ years to record and is called O.R.A. which means “time” in her native Kosovo. Rita wears a bespoke bomber jacket designed by ASOS with ASOS patchwork shirt on the cover.





On her favorite designer: “I’m really into Ashley Williams. She’s British, so young and fresh.” 

On her style inspiration:  “I always thought (Gwen Stefani) was so cool.  I think I’m man enough to admit she made me want to wear red lipstick.  When I saw it on her, I thought she was the prettiest person in the world.”

 

On making it big: “People would tell me I was wasting my time, but I think a lot of musicians go through that. I’m grateful all that happened because it meant I had time to build my confidence and grow as an artist.”

On meeting Jay-Z (Roc Nation label co-owner): “I went in there and shook Jay-Z’s hand. I’ll never forget that. It all rested on that meeting and making sure they understood my music, and they did – quicker and better than anyone I’d ever met.”


On media’s eagerness to label her “the next Rihanna”: “It’s a great comparison but I don’t think about it. When the album’s out, it’s going to separate me from that, without me having to say anything.” 

On meeting Rihanna:  “We literally just had drinks, a dance and a good time.  There was no word talk.  It was a great party though.”


On Drake (who penned her hit R.I.P.): “We’re great friends, if he ever needed me I’d fly out. He’s one of the nicest guys I’ve ever met and if anyone talks shit about him, I get protective...I really admired that he was so interested in new artists even though he was new himself. We just clicked.”

On Kanye West: “He’s one of my fashion icons. I’d love to be the female Kanye. I think he’s so cool and effortless.”

Comments

Disclaimer

☝︎

Smile Blog does not claim ownership of any image/ content displayed. All articles are the personal opinions of The Smile Blog. Any external image/ content used will be credited accordingly. If you're the owner of the image/ content, and want it to be removed, we will gladly do so or have not credited you properly. Contact us

FTC: Keep in mind that we may receive commissions when you click links and make purchases via affiliate programs we are apart of.

This site uses COOKIES to deliver its services. By using this site, you agree to its use of cookies. Learn more



Reader's Favourites